June 10 - 12, 2024Learn more
Advancing the capacity of Pakistan’s higher education institutions
and systems to develop employable graduates.
Moderator: Dr. Malik Muhammad Akhtar, Associate Professor, Department of Environmental Science, Balochistan University of Information Technology
Moderator: Dr. Asma Shahid, Associate Professor, Lahore College for Women University
Launched in 2021, the five-year project will increase the employability of the Pakistani workforce through trainings to improve Higher Education graduate capacity, relevance, adequacy, and inclusivity.
- The ecosystem drives excellence
- Quality is worth more than quantity
- Learn from indigenous models
- Create policy for performance
- Workforce development prepares good citizens
Learn more about the focus of HESSA’s technical assistance
EXPECTED PROJECT OUTCOMES
- Improved HEI organizational performance based on strategic planning.
- Increased effective private sector partnerships and funding.
- Enhanced curriculum to demonstrably improve graduate employability, including needed soft skills.
- Expanded distance learning, financial aid, scholarship, and career pathways programs improving access for underserved populations and overall student success post-graduation.
This program is made possible by the support of the United States Government and the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The contents are the sole responsibility of the University of Utah and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the U.S. Government.