Nawabshah, Shaheed Benazirabad
Peoples University of Medical & Health Sciences for Women (PUMHSW), Nawabshah was established by the government of Sindh/ Chancellor in 2010. Prior to that, it was Peoples Medical College (PMC), exclusively for girls and established in the year 1974 because of the vision of Shaheed Zulifqar Ali Bhutto. More than 6,000 female doctors, pharmacists, nurses, and physiotherapist have graduated from this institute.
Peoples University of Medical & Health Sciences for Women Nawabshah (SBA) Aims to be one of the country’s leading Academic Medical Institution dedicated • Impact Knowledge • Promote Research • Provide Service to patients and Public across the globe
- To increase significantly the range of human knowledge and understanding by creating knowledge through research of international excellence
- To produce trained women medical professionals according to international standard
- To develop institution as a centre of excellence
- To provide state-of-art medical services to patients of Sindh and humanity at large
- To continue to make professional education available to all those able to benefit from it, regardless of economics or social status
Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto the premier Medical College exclusive for girls, came into existence in April 1974 at Nawabshah with the name of Peoples Medical College. About 6000 lady doctors have been graduated from this college so far. Postgraduate training in this institute started in 2004 and since than about 600 postgraduate trainees has imparted training in various specialties. Initially this college was temporarily housed in portion of District Council High School consisting of a couple of hostels and auditorium (Latif Hall) along with the main building of Muslim Boarding House. The first batch was admitted with an approximate enrollment of attached to the college for the purpose of clinical teaching. Peoples University of Medical & Health Sciences for Women, Nawabshah was established by act of Government of Sindh 2009 dated 21-12-2009, Governor of Sindh & Chancellor given Ascent on 10-11-2010. Vice Chancellor, Peoples University of medical & Health Sciences for Women, was appointed on 08th January 2011. Examination branch is established with three sections, Conduct Branch, Secret Branch & Top Secret Branch having optical maker & photocopier along with computer & printer. Now the examination is conducted by Peoples University of Medical & Health Sciences for Women, Nawabshah (SBA) 200 acres of land had been purchased 3.5 km away the outskirt of Nawabshah. The construction of wall is under process. The Deans of Basic Medical Sciences, Medical & Allied Sciences, Surgery & Allied Sciences and Community Health Sciences were appointed on 10th March 2011.
Dr. Gulshan Ali Memon
- # of students: Males: 381 | Females: 2,634
- # of total full-time faculty: Males: 176 | Females: 99
- # of Ph.D. faculty: 5
- # of student’s faculty ratio 8: 01
- # of offered degree programs: 6 of BS | 30 of MS, MPhil, Diploma
- # of faculties: 5
This program is made possible by the support of the United States Government and the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The contents are the sole responsibility of the University of Utah and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the U.S. Government.